MasterEmaco S 488CIJuly 9, 2018
MasterEmaco ® S 488CI
Sprayable, fiber-reinforced structural repair mortar with integral corrosion inhibitor
FORMERLY EMACO® S88 CI
MasterEmaco S 488CI repair mortar is a one-component, shrinkage-compensated, fiber-reinforced product that contains an integral corrosion inhibitor. It can be applied vertically or overhead by low-pressure spraying or hand troweling.
- Only requires the addition of potable water
- Achieves a tenacious bond to substrate without the need for abonding agent
- Low-pressure sprayability improves placement speed and minimizes rebound for low waste
- Sulfate-resistant and freeze/thaw durable for use in harsh environments
- Very low chloride permeability and an integral corrosion inhibitor protects reinforcing steel
- High early and ultimate compressive, flexural, and bond strengths for long-lasting, durable repairs
- Low shrinkage produces stable, durable bond
- ANSI/NSF 61 certified for drinking water systems
- Interior and exterior
- Vertical and overhead
- Severe service environments such as sewer, lift stations, marine structures, and water collection
HOW TO APPLY SURFACE PREPARATION
- Substrate must be structurally sound and fully cured (28 days).
- Saw cut the perimeter of the area being repaired into a square with a minimum depth of 1/4" (6 mm).
- The surface to be repaired must be clean, free of laitance and saturated surface-dry (SSD) following ICRI Guideline no. 310.2 to permit proper bond.
- Remove all oxidation and scale from the exposed reinforcing steel in accordance with ICRI Technical Guideline No. 310.1R.
- For additional protection from future corrosion, coat the prepared reinforcing steel with MasterProtect P 8100 AP.
MasterEmaco S 488CI